Vacation/Holiday Travel Tips
Traveling throughout Florida can be half the fun of getting to your destination. During the holiday and vacation seasons, Florida’s roads can be some of the busiest in the country. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles is committed to the safety of all motorists on our roads and educating everyone on safe driving to always Arrive Alive.
Halloween: When children of all ages will be trick-or-treating in your neighborhood it’s up to parents, care givers, and motorists to take special care so that everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Use these tips to help ensure that everyone has the best Halloween ever.
Thanksgiving: The holidays are a great time for family and friends to create memories together. The Thanksgiving holiday is a peak travel period for families coming together, and we hope that you and your family have a safe and joyous time over the long holiday weekend. Please take some time to review these tips to further this goal.
Christmas & New Year’s: FLHSMV is committed to protecting you on our roadways, assisting you in any way possible, and providing you with the information you need to enjoy the holidays. From gift shopping, having or going to a party or traveling to visit family and friends, we have safety tips for you.
The Governor has declared December as Impaired Driving Prevention Month in the state of Florida. Drive sober and only sober so everyone can Arrive Alive this holiday season.
- Road Trip Checklist and Safety Tips – Make sure you’re ready to get on the road and know what to do to Arrive Alive
- Florida Trip Tips Guide – With more than 18 million residents and 15 millions visitors, Florida’s roads can be some of the busiest in the country. We encourage everyone traveling in Florida to join us as we lead the way to “A Safer Florida” by obeying all traffic laws and practicing good driving habits.
- Tow to Go – AAA and Budweiser have partnered to provide free rides to those who have had too much to drink. Adults in need of a ride can call 1-855-2-TOW-2-GO. AAA will dispatch a tow truck and will take both the driver and the vehicle home, free of charge. This service is available throughout Florida – to both AAA members and non-members.
- Check out and share these videos with safety messages to remind you and your loved ones to Arrive Alive this holiday season!
- Holiday Travel Campaign Logo
- 2015 Thanksgiving Crash Data by County
- 2015 Christmas/New Year’s Crash Data by County
- #TravelSafeFL pledge! Take a family photo with the #TravelSafeFL pledge sign before you travel this holiday season. Post your photos with #TravelSafeFL and send it into us via Facebook or Twitter direct message. We’ll be posting our favorites throughout November and December on our social media accounts!
- Holiday Travel Social Media Posts