Consumer Education

Selling a Vehicle

Seleccione aquí para Español


Thousands of vehicles are sold in Florida every year. As a seller, there are certain things you should know before selling a vehicle, including the process to transfer the title. Most importantly you will want to protect yourself by completing a Notice of Sale, which removes your name from the vehicle so you are no longer liable for the vehicle you sold. As of July 2009, Florida law requires all sellers to file a Notice of Sale.

Private Sales

Selling a vehicle in a private sale can be beneficial for both the buyer and seller. Be certain that the process is completed properly by understanding your rights and responsibilities as a seller.

Read More →