Disabled Person Parking Permits
Disabled Person Parking Permits for Florida Visitors
Florida recognizes license plates and parking permits displaying the international symbol of accessibility that has been issued by any state or foreign country. However, if the permit or plate does not display one of the international symbols of accessibility, visitors must obtain a state of Florida temporary disabled person parking permit. The temporary parking permit fee is $15.
Individuals applying for a disabled persons parking permit must apply in-person or by mail at a motor vehicle service center. The following documentation is required for issuance:
- Completed form HSMV 83039, signed by the customer and the certifying authority (see below). Incomplete forms cannot be accepted. Out-of-country visitors may provide a copy of their current parking permit issued by their country of residence.
- Acceptable forms of identification include:
- A valid driver license or ID card, with photo, issued by the state of residence;
- A valid passport or passport card; or
- A valid driver license or ID card from any U.S.Territory; American Samoa, Guam, Marianas, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
A secondary permit cannot be issued for a temporary parking permit. Temporary permits are nonrenewable. Customers must re-apply for new temporary permit upon expiration.
Certifying medical authorities include:
- A physician licensed under Chapter 458, Chapter 459 or Chapter 460;
- A podiatric physician licensed under Chapter 461;
- An optometrist licensed under Chapter 463;
- An advanced practice registered nurse licensed under Chapter 464, under the protocol of a licensed physician as stated above;
- A physician assistant licensed under Chapter 458 or Chapter 459; or
- A similarly licensed physician from another state if the application is accompanied by documentation of the physician’s licensure in the other state and a form HSMV 83039 signed by the out-of-state physician verifying his or her knowledge of this state’s eligibility guidelines.
If you have any questions concerning disabled parking permits, please contact a motor vehicle service center or the FLHSMV Customer Service Call Center at (850) 617-2000.