Motorcycle Rider Education & Endorsements
So You Want to Be a RiderCoach
Below are the steps to become a Florida Rider Training Program (FRTP) RiderCoach.
- See our Safety Course Locations to locate a course provider (also known as Sponsors).
- Contact a Sponsor.
- You must be sponsored by a course Sponsor to become a RiderCoach.
- Acquire a RiderCoach Apprentice Program (RCAP) Application from the Sponsor and complete the following prerequisites:
- Complete the Basic Rider Course (BRC) and submit a photo copy of the course completion card.
- Obtain your driving history.
- Submit the RCAP Application with above mentioned supporting documentation to the address on the RCAP application.
- When the RCAP application is approved, RCAP materials will be sent with further requirements that must be completed prior to scheduling you into a RiderCoach Preparation course.
- When you have completed the RCAP requirements, e-mail or mail the RCAP materials to the address on the RCAP application.
- Upon receipt by FRTP of your completed RCAP materials, you will be scheduled for a RiderCoach Preparation Course (RCP).
- Upon successful completion of the RCP, you will be a recognized FRTP RiderCoach and be certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. You will receive a RiderCoach identification card from MSF.
Dave Kerner, Executive Director