Handbooks & Manuals
- Florida Driver’s Handbook | Español (Current version in translation process)| Creole (Current version in translation process)
(Current version in Apple Store review)
- Florida CDL Handbook | Español
- Florida Motorcycle Handbook | Español
- Practice Knowledge Exams : English | Español | Creole
What to take with you to the Driver License Office
- Proof of Identification bring your birth certificate or United States Passport. If you do not have your original birth certificate (a copy is not acceptable) then you may bring a certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the state you were born in.
- Proof of Social Security Number bring your original social security card or your W-2 showing your social security number.
- Two proofs of Residential Address such as your home utility bill, cable bill, home telephone bill, etc.
- Proof of Name Change if you have ever changed your name through marriage, divorce or court order.
- Parent/Guardian On-line Test Proctoring Form which must be signed in the presence of a driver license examiner or notarized if parent or guardian will not be present.
- Parental Consent Form – Minor Driver Applicant Form. If you are under 18 and are not married one parent or legal guardian must sign your license application. Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted you.
- No additional certificates needed! Once you complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course through a registered provider your completion information is automatically submitted to our department and this information is available at all Driver License Offices! Paper certificates are no longer required at the driver license office.