International Fuel Tax Agreement
Obtaining IFTA Services
NOTICE: The Walk-In Service Center in Tallahassee is experiencing extremely high demand and long wait times. Same day service cannot be guaranteed. Customers are encouraged to submit their requests by mail or using E-File, if appropriate. A limited number of appointments are available and can be made using the link below.
NOTE: The following policies apply to the Tallahassee Walk-In Service Center:
No cash transactions.
No photocopies made for customers.
Walk-In services will be available for the following transactions ONLY:
- Original IRP and IFTA applications;
- Miscellaneous IRP and IFTA transactions, such as
- Add Vehicles;
- License Plate Transfers;
- Weight Increases;
- Decal Orders;
- Close Account;
- The current tax return to facilitate IFTA transactions.
- First time renewals for individual carriers (the accountholder is handling).
FOR ESTABLISHED ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE BEEN RENEWED AT LEAST ONCE OR A RENEWAL BEING HANDLED BY A SERVICE AGENT, PLEASE NOTE:
- IRP RENEWALS: A 90-day notice is sent to the mailing address on file, allowing ample time to renew by mail or online before current tags expire. If the deadline is approaching and renewal has not yet been submitted, VISIT AN IRP PRIVATE TAG AGENCY for expedited service.
- IFTA RENEWALS: A 60-90 day notice will be sent to the mailing address on file, allowing ample time to renew before the end of the license year (December 31). Please note that IFTA licensees who have let their proof of insurance expire on their IRP account must include updated proof of insurance as part of the IFTA renewal process.
It is not necessary to complete an IFTA application or other transaction in person. All requests for service may be submitted by mail and, in some cases, online. Please click “E-Filing” on the main menu to see if there are electronic services available for your IFTA transaction.
When the need arises, the Bureau of Commercial Vehicle and Driver Services (BCVDS) Walk-In Service Center in Tallahassee, Florida is available to process IFTA forms and payments, as well as issue licenses and decals. However, while every effort is made to provide same day service, this is not always possible if the number of visitors is high, or the carrier is not properly prepared. Carriers are encouraged to call ahead of time (850-617-3711) to confirm the necessary forms and supporting documentation they need to bring with them.
BCVDS WALK-IN SERVICE CENTER
Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
Monday – Friday (Except State Holidays)**
Room B-138, Neil Kirkman Building
2900 Apalachee Parkway
* Carrier Service Providers are served beginning at 10:00 a.m. each day.
** The Tallahassee office opens at 9:00 a.m. on the first Wednesday of each month.