Motor Vehicle, Recreational Vehicle and Mobile Home Dealer/Broker Licenses
Forms and Resources
- HSMV 86056: Application for a license as a motor vehicle, mobile home or recreational vehicle dealer with instruction booklet.
- HSMV 86072: Modification to dealer license for licensed motor vehicle, mobile home, or recreational vehicle dealers.
- HSMV 86720: Renewal application for motor vehicle, mobile home, or recreational vehicle dealers.
- HSMV 86020: Surety bond for motor vehicle dealers.
- HSMV 86019: Surety bond for recreational vehicle dealer.
- HSMV 86018: Surety bond for mobile home dealer.
- HSMV 86057: Irrevocable letter of credit for motor vehicle dealer.
- HSMV 86058: Irrevocable letter of credit for mobile home dealers.
- Dealer Handbook.
- DHSMV regional offices: Choose a county and scroll down to the table labeled “Motorist Services Regional Offices.”
- DHSMV approved dealer training schools that offer pre-licensing classes for all license categories and continuing education for independent motor vehicle dealers only.
- Internal Revenue Service: Federal Employer Identification Number or FEIN is required as part of a completed application from dealers for licensing with DHSMV.
- Florida Division of Corporations: Proof of registration of the business name and fictitious name(s) with the Florida Secretary of State, Division of Corporations to conduct business in Florida is required by DHSMV as part of a completed application from dealer license applicants.
- Florida Department of Revenue: Sales tax number assignment from the Florida Department of Revenue is required by DHSMV as part of a completed application from dealer license applicants.
- National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS): Section 319.30, Florida Statues, specifies notification requirements to NMVTIS by dealers or purchasers dealing in derelict or salvage vehicles.