Frequently Asked Questions for Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors
Mobile Home Manufacturers Frequently Asked Questions
- Are manufacturers of mobile homes required to be licensed in the state of Florida?
Yes. manufacturers of mobile homes are required to be licensed by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). Please see section 320.8225, Florida Statutes, for additional information.
- What form and documents should be included with a mobile home manufacturer license application?
Applicants must complete form 84256. A checklist of required documents is attached to the form.
- Is a mobile home manufacturer required to be licensed by the DHSMV for each plant location?
- What is the surety bond amount requirement for a mobile home manufacturer?
All mobile home manufacturer applicants must submit a surety bond for $50,000 with their application and a continuation bond annually at the time of renewal. Please see section 320.8225(5)(a), Florida Statutes, for additional information. Applicants must provide form 86050, surety bond form for mobile home manufacturers.
- Is a separate surety bond required for each licensed location of a mobile home manufacturer?
- Can a mobile home manufacturer submit an irrevocable letter of credit in lieu of a surety bond?
Yes. A mobile home manufacturer can submit an irrevocable letter of credit issued by a financial institution. Applicants must complete form 86059. The amount of the surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit is $50,000. Only one surety bond or letter of credit shall be required for each manufacturer, regardless of the number of factory locations. Please see section 320.8225(5)(a), Florida Statutes, for additional information.
- What is the licensing fee for a mobile home manufacturer license? Can the license be renewed biennially?
Upon submitting an initial application, the applicant pays a fee of $300. Applicants may choose to extend the licensure period for one additional year for a total of two years. The second year is $100. For a renewal license, the fee is $100 for a one-year renewal or $200 for a two-year renewal. Please see section 320.8225(3), Florida Statutes, for additional information.
- What is the licensing period for mobile home manufacturers?
The licensing period for mobile home manufacturers is from October 1 – September 30.