Motor Vehicle and Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer, Importer and Distributor or Mobile Home Manufacturer License
Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
A Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) provides important information on each vehicle a manufacturer produces. MSO samples can be found on pages 16-28 in form 84256.
- Name of the manufacturer registered with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA);
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as assigned by NHTSA;
- Line-make assigned by the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) under the “make” procured by the FLHSMV;
- Body type;
- Engine displacement in cubic centimeters (cc), watts or brake horsepower (bhp);
- Number of cylinders;
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR);
- Name of the licensed manufacturer, distributor or importer at the bottom of the MSO, including signature, city and state; and
- Name and address of the licensed franchise dealer or customer in the middle of the MSO.
Motor vehicles manufactured in two stages must have two MSOs. The first stage MSO must state that the vehicle is incomplete. The second stage MSO must state that it is a completed vehicle. In this process, the second stage MSO for the completed vehicle will have its own line-make and will carry forward the VIN from the first stage MSO. It is important that both MSOs are provided for proper title and registration of the unit.
Please note: Samples of MSOs can be found in form 84256 on pages 16-28.