Dealers, Installers, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Importers
Motor Vehicle and Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer, Importer and Distributor or Mobile Home Manufacturer License
Please visit our Consumer Education section for information on buying and selling vehicles, low speed vehicles, mobile home safety, and filing a complaint.
Applicants for licensure as a motor vehicle and recreational vehicle manufacturer, importer and distributor, or mobile home manufacturer must meet the licensing requirements of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) to conduct business in Florida.
Applicants must submit a completed application form 84256, along with required fees and documents (see below) to the DHSMV Bureau of Dealer Services, Dealer License Section. This form comes with a check list for the specific license categories.
Along with an application, applicants must also provide:
- A current financial statement (Motor Vehicle or Recreational Vehicle Manufacturers, Distributors, and Importers or Mobile Home Manufacturers);
- Surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit for $50,000 for Mobile Home Manufacturers;
- Surety bond for $10,000 for Recreational Vehicle Manufacturers, Distributors, or Importers;
- A copy of the product warranty;
- A list of authorized Florida dealers;
- License fee of $300 for Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Importer, or Distributor and $340 for Mobile Home Manufacturer and Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer, Importer, or Distributor. Make checks payable to DHSMV;
- Copies of all applicable preparation and delivery charge agreements;
- Copies of all applicable warranty labor rates and parts agreements;
- Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization and Operating agreement or Partnership Agreement;
- Photos of the vehicle(s), with specifications;
- Copy of fictitious name registered with Secretary of State; (online access at sunbiz.org)
- Copy of certification from the Division of Corporations showing current registration of business to conduct business in the state of Florida (online access at sunbiz.org); and
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin.
Applicants may not engage in business until all licensing requirements have been met. To do so otherwise is a violation of section 320.61, Florida Statutes, and title work will not be processed.