International Registration Plan
Obtaining IRP Services
NOTICE: The Walk-In Service Center in Tallahassee is experiencing extremely high demand and long wait times. Same day service cannot be guaranteed. Customers are encouraged to submit their requests by mail or using E-File, if appropriate. Same day service is also available at the private license plate agencies listed below.
NOTE: The following policies apply to the Tallahassee Walk-In Service Center:
No cash transactions.
No photocopies made for customers.
Walk-In services will be available for the following transactions ONLY:
- Original IRP and IFTA applications;
- Miscellaneous IRP and IFTA transactions, such as
- Add Vehicles;
- License Plate Transfers;
- Weight Increases;
- Decal Orders;
- Close Account;
- The current tax return to facilitate IFTA transactions.
- First time renewals for individual carriers (the accountholder is handling).
FOR ESTABLISHED ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE BEEN RENEWED AT LEAST ONCE OR A RENEWAL BEING HANDLED BY A SERVICE AGENT, PLEASE NOTE:
- IRP RENEWALS: A 90-day notice is sent to the mailing address on file, allowing ample time to renew by mail or online before current tags expire. If the deadline is approaching and renewal has not yet been submitted, VISIT AN IRP PRIVATE TAG AGENCY for expedited service.
- IFTA RENEWALS: A 60-90 day notice will be sent to the mailing address on file, allowing ample time to renew before the end of the license year (December 31). Please note that IFTA licensees who have let their proof of insurance expire on their IRP account must include updated proof of insurance as part of the IFTA renewal process.
It is not necessary to complete an IRP application or other registration transaction in person. All requests for service may be submitted by mail and, in some cases, online. Please click “E-Filing” on the main menu to see if there are electronic services available for your IRP transaction.
Also, when the need arises, the Bureau of Commercial Vehicle and Driver Services (BVDS) Walk-In Service Center in Tallahassee, Florida is available to process IRP forms and payments, as well as issue tags. This office makes every effort to process applicants on the same day they request a service. However, while every effort is made to provide same day service, this is not always possible if the number of visitors is high, or the carrier is not properly prepared. Carriers are encouraged to call ahead of time (850-617-3711) to confirm the necessary forms and supporting documentation they need to bring with them.
BCVDS WALK-IN SERVICE CENTER
Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.*
Monday – Friday (Except State Holidays)**
Room B-138, Neil Kirkman Building
2900 Apalachee Parkway
* Carrier Service Providers are served beginning at 10:00 a.m. each day.
** The Tallahassee office opens at 9:00 a.m. on the first Wednesday of each month.
Another option for same day service is to visit one of the IRP private license plate agencies located in certain parts of the state. These agencies should be contacted directly for information about their hours of operation, convenience fees, accepted forms of payment, and parking accommodations for commercial vehicles.
CENTRAL STATE APPORTIONED TAG AGENCY
(Serving under the Highlands County Tax Collector)
1753 US Highway 27 N
Avon Park, Florida 33825-9504
CENTRAL STATE APPORTIONED TAG AGENCY
(Serving under the Palm Beach County Tax Collector)
Central State Apportioned Tag Agency
23116B Sandalfoot Plaza Dr
Boca Raton FL 33428
MORNINGSTAR FLEET SERVICES – IRP DIVISION
(Serving under the Polk County Tax Collector)
817 North Florida Avenue
Lakeland, Florida 33801-1705
SUNSHINE STATE TAG AGENCY
(Serving under the Pinellas County Tax Collector)
2820 54th Avenue, South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33712-4610