Dealers, Installers, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Importers
Mobile Home Installer
Please visit our Consumer Education section for information on mobile home safety.
To receive a mobile home installer license applicants must meet the licensing requirements below. The license period is from October 1 to September 30.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Attend a free 12-hour mobile home installation course and pass the FLHSMV exam with a score of 70 or higher. The fee for the exam is $100 (Click here to see class schedule);
- Hold a valid $5,000 performance bond which covers the proper performance of mobile home installation and weather sealing duties for a period of one year;
- Carry $100,000 general liability insurance which covers property damage during the installation of mobile homes;
- Complete application form HSMV 81401. To request an application package, call 850-617-3004; and
- Pay $200 fee ($50 application fee and a $150 license fee).
Pursuant to chapter 320, Florida Statutes, businesses within this category must apply for one of the following licenses through the FLHSMV:
- Mobile Home Installer Home License (IH); or
- Mobile Home Dealer Installer Home License (DIH) (For dealers who wish to be licensed as an installer).
Answers to frequently asked questions and licensing procedures for mobile home installers are provided here.
All Mobile Home Installer License Training Classes have been cancelled to further notice.