Dealers, Installers, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Importers
Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Providers
Pursuant to Section 319.141, Florida Statutes, effective October 1, 2022 the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) shall expand the Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Program (PRVIP) currently active in Miami-Dade county to Broward, Palm Beach, Manatee, Hillsborough, Orange, Volusia, Marion, Duval, Leon, Bay, and Escambia counties. The PRVIP will continue as a permanent program in the authorized counties throughout the state as already established with previously defined statutory requirements, policies, procedures, and memorandum of understanding.
Application for Authorization as a PRVIP Participant
Those interested in becoming a PRVIP participant will be required to complete and submit a FLHSMV application, along with supporting documentation, including bonding and insurance policies. The proposed business location must meet site inspection requirements in compliance with Section 319.141, Florida Statutes to continue the application process. After passing the site inspection, and meeting other requirements, each participant shall enter into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with FLHSMV that allows them to conduct rebuilt motor vehicle inspections and specifies requirements for oversight, bonding and insurance, procedures, forms and requires the electronic submission of documents and fees.
Applicants should follow the process below:
- Obtain an Application for Authorization as a PRVIP and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) located on this website or at the BDS Regional Office in your county to complete. There are specific application requirements and location requirements outlined in Section 319.141, Florida Statutes. The PRVIP Application Checklist outlines the steps to follow to become a PRVIP Participant and it also includes contact information for the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Offices. The applicant is required to acknowledge and agree to the specific terms of the MOU with the Department (FLHSMV) once the application and business site (location) is approved by FLHSMV.
- Complete fingerprint background check through an electronic FDLE provider for all owners, partners, corporate officers, and facility inspectors and provide proof to the BDS Regional Office in the county where your business is located. The ORI Code can be obtained from any of the BDS Regional Offices.
- Complete the required PRVIP Training Class. At the end of the training the applicant will be provided with a Pre-Site Inspection Checklist to be completed and returned to the Regional Office for review.
- Select a place of business in any of the authorized counties that meets all the Site Inspection Requirements listed in the Pre-Site Inspection Checklist form. All of the questions in the Pre-Site Inspection Checklist must be answered in the affirmative before submitting the form to the appropriate BDS Regional Office for review. After review and approval, a BDS Representative will schedule a site inspection at the proposed location. If there are any deficiencies noted, they will be explained to the applicant so they can be corrected. The Application for Authorization as a PRVIP Participant shall not be accepted if there are pending issues.
- Submit the completed application, supporting documentation and signed MOU to the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Office in the county where the business will be established.
- A BDS Representative will conduct a final quality review of the application, supporting documents and MOU.
- If it is determined the application and site inspection meets all requirements outlined in Section 319.141, Florida Statutes, the completed MOU will be sent to the appropriate FLHSMV Office for final approval. If there are any concerns or pending issues, the applicant shall be notified by mail.
- When the MOU final approval is granted, the applicant shall be provided a County/Agency Code that is required in order to get set up with the FLHSMV Accounting section to collect statutory fees that are remitted to FLHSMV. Further instructions and sign-up requirements will be provided to the applicant after the final approval process is completed.
- An Authorization Certificate shall be issued upon completing the final steps and shall be displayed at the approved PRVIP facility for public view.
Each PRVIP facility must have a FLHSMV authorized inspector to conduct private rebuilt vehicle inspection services. The inspector must be trained by a FLHSMV authorized trainer. Further information on the training requirements for PRVIP inspectors can be found in the Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Training Overview document. A list of currently approved PRVIP Trainers and BDS Regional Offices can be found in the Approved PRVIP Trainers document.
To become a PRVIP trainer an application must be submitted to FLHSMV for approval. In order to be approved, a trainer must meet the following requirements:
- Must hold a current state teacher’s certificate or have a least one year of current experience as an instructor and have completed a recognized instructor training course provided by a college, university, vocational school, U.S. Military School, or a government sponsored Train the Trainer course (supporting documentation required).
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the subject matter on which they will provide instruction. For the purpose of the PRVIP, a SME is someone who has acquired special knowledge through training and/or experience related to rebuilt motor vehicles, vehicle major component parts, salvage vehicles, Florida titling requirements, vehicle identification, and other training and experience related to rebuilt vehicle inspections.
- All applicants are required to submit a fingerprint background check with their application when submitted.
- If the applicant meets and satisfies the application requirements, two rebuilt vehicle inspection training lesson plans will be requested for review; one for an initial (24) hour course and an (8) hour continuing education course.
- The final approval to become a PRVIP Trainer will be based upon the review of the curriculum provided and the lesson plans submitted for both the (24) hour and (8) hour training courses.
Access to FLHSMV Web-Based System
FLHSMV has developed a web-based system that will provide limited access to the Florida Real-time Vehicle Information System (FRVIS) for participants to enter rebuilt vehicle inspection data. PRVIP participants will also be required to enroll in an electronic payment system (EPS) with no fee required to set up an account. Both systems will require a static IP address listed on the application. In order to gain access to the system, each authorized PRVIP participant must:
- Enroll into the department’s web portal to make payments. The EPS system will require a Login ID, Password, Security Questions and Answers as well as adding a bank account (funding source).
- Obtain a unique County Agency ID code to complete the enrollment process.
PRVIP Participant Application Page
An application package for authorization as a PRVIP includes the following:
- PRVIP Application Checklist
- Application for Authorization as a PRVIP
- PRVIP Bond
- Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Training
- Approved PRVIP Trainers and BDS Regional Offices
- PRVIP MOU
PRVIP Trainer Application
Obtaining Further Information
All approved participants shall be contacted by FLHSMV when updates to the PRVIP occur. If you are not an approved participant and need further information you may contact any of the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Offices or send an email to PRVIP-Info@flhsmv.gov.
Approved PRVIP Trainers
|Any person (student) interested in becoming an authorized Private Rebuilt Motor Vehicle Inspector (Inspector) to conduct rebuilt vehicle inspections at an authorized Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) Private Rebuilt Motor Vehicle Inspection Facility (Facility) is required to attend an initial (24) hour Private Rebuilt Motor Vehicle Inspection training course provided by an approved FLHSMV Trainer or BDS Regional Office.
Approved FLHSMV PRVIP Trainers and BDS Regional Offices contact information:
|Trainer||Telephone number||Email address|
|Jose M. Betancourtemail@example.com|
BDS Regional Offices - PRVIP Training
|Margate Regional Office||954-969-4216||Broward|
|Ocala Regional Office||352-732-1267||Marion|
|Jacksonville Regional Office||904-365-2681||Duval|
|Orange City Regional Office||386-736-5107||Volusia|
|Orlando Regional Office||407-445-7400||Orange|
|Tampa Regional Office||813-612-7110||Hillsborough|
|Tallahassee Regional Office||850-617-2999||Leon|
|Panama City Sub-Office||850-767-3660||Bay|
|Palmetto Regional Office||941-723-4551||Manatee|
|West Palm Beach Regional Office||561-640-6820||Palm Beach|
|Opa Locka Regional Office||786-804-4190||Miami-Dade|
Authorized PRVIP Facilities
|Facility Name and Address||Participant & Telephone Number||Email Address|
|69/50 - Miami DMV LLC d/b/a/ Miami DMV Rebuilt Inspections |
9495 B NW 27th Ave
Miami, Fl. 33147
|Joaquin Jimenez & |
|69/51 - Dealer Motor Vehicle Rebuilt, Inc. |
4365 East 10th Lane
Hialeah, Fl. 33013
|Hector Fontela & |
|69/52 - 32nd Ave Rebuilts, LLC|
8701 NW 32ND Avenue
Miami, FL 33147
|Christian Cortes, Angie Cortes & Liborio Cortes|
|69/53 - EZ Rebuilt Inspections, LLC|
13405 SW 128th St Unit 202B
Miami, FL 33186
|Elizabeth Zamora & |
|69/54 - Vene Courier, Inc.|
3803 NW 125th Street, Unit 8
Opa Locka, FL 33054
|Higinio Meraz & |
305-300-2755 & 305-300-2745
|69/56 - Best Rebuilt Specialist, Inc.|
7051 SW 30th Rd
Miami, FL 33155
|69/58 - Sunshine Rebuilt Inspections, Inc.|
9660 NW 27th Ave
Miami, FL 33147
|Yanet Colominas |
|69/59 - South Florida Rebuilt Inspections, Inc.|
3601 NW 55th Street Unit # 101-C
Miami, FL 33142
|Stephanie Casanova & |
|69/62 - DMV Inspections of South Florida Corp.|
15942 NW 48th Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33014
|Edgardo Bonet & |
Aida Ruiz Duran
|69/63 - Miami Rebuilt Inspection, Inc.|
4110 NW 135th Street, Bay A
Opa Locka, FL 33054
|69/64 - Dade Motor Vehicle Inspection, Inc.|
4607 SW 75th Avenue
Miami, FL 33155
|David G. Gonzalez & |
Luz M. Olivera
|69/65 - Hialeah Gardens Rebuilt Inspections Corp |
11750 NW 87th PL # 21-22
Hialeah, FL 33018
|Ana L. Fabregas|
|69/66 - Rebuilt Masters, Inc. |
352 NE 191 Street
Miami, FL 33179
|Guerdy W. Fabre|
|69/67 - Opa Locka Rebuilt, Inc.|
14540 NW 26 Avenue
Opa Locka, FL 33054
|Claudia J. Larrosa|
|69/70 - Miami Rebuilt Inspection |
18580 East Colonial Drive, Unit 4, Orlando FL 32820