Dealers, Installers, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Importers
Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Providers
Pursuant to Section 319.141, Florida Statutes, by October 1, 2019, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) shall implement a program in Miami-Dade County for rebuilt inspection services offered by private sector participants. The private rebuilt vehicle inspection program (PRVIP) is currently being developed by FLHSMV. The status of each of the major components of the PRVIP are detailed below. This webpage will be updated as new information becomes available.
Application for Authorization as a PRVIP Participant
FLHSMV has completed the development of the application form, and all supporting documents. Those interested in becoming a PRVIP participant will be required to complete and submit a FLHSMV application, along with supporting documentation, including bonding and insurance policies. The proposed business location must “pass” a site inspection demonstrating compliance with Section 319.141, Florida Statutes to continue the application process. After passing the site inspection, and meeting other requirements, each participant shall enter into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with FLHSMV that allows them to conduct rebuilt motor vehicle inspections and specifies requirements for oversight, bonding and insurance, procedures, forms and requires the electronic submission of documents and fees.
Applicants should follow the process below:
- Obtain an Application for Authorization as a PRVIP located on this website to complete. There are specific application requirements and location requirements outlined in Section 319.141, Florida Statutes. The application cover letter contains contact information for the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Office 10 located in Miami. The applicant is required to acknowledge and agree to the specific terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department (FLHSMV) once the application and business site (location) is approved by FLHSMV.
- Select a place of business in Miami-Dade county that meets all the Site Inspection Review Requirements listed in the application package (see below). All of the questions in the Site Inspection Review Requirements section of the application must be answered in the affirmative before submitting a completed application to FLHSMV.
- The completed application and all supporting documentation should be submitted to the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Office located at: 12601 NW 42nd Avenue, Opa Locka, Florida 33054. (Note: The cover letter in the application provides this information and other contact information.)
- When the completed application is submitted a documentation review will be conducted. If the application contains all the required information, and no potential conflicts of interest are detected, a Compliance Examiner (CE) will contact the applicant to schedule a business site inspection at the proposed location. If there is missing information in the application, or if FLHSMV has concerns about potential conflicts of interest, a letter will be sent to the applicant requesting additional information.
- After the CE visits the business site location to conduct a site inspection, a report shall be completed and submitted for review. If it is determined the application and site inspection meets all requirements outlined in Section 319.141, Florida Statutes, the completed MOU will be sent to the appropriate FLHSMV Office for final approval. If not acceptable, the applicant shall be notified by mail.
- When the MOU final approval is granted, the applicant shall be provided a County/Agency Code that is required in order to get set up with the FLHSMV Accounting section to collect statutory fees that are remitted to FLHSMV. Further instructions and sign-up requirements will be provided to the applicant after the MOU final approval process is completed and a County/Agency Code has been issued by FLHSMV.
- An Authorization Certificate shall be issued upon completing the final steps and shall be displayed at the approved PRVIP facility for public view.
Each PRVIP facility must have a FLHSMV authorized inspector to conduct private rebuilt vehicle inspection services. The inspector must be trained by a FLHSMV authorized trainer. Further information on the training requirements for PRVIP inspectors can be found here. A list of currently approved PRVIP Trainers can be found here .
To become a PRVIP trainer an application must be submitted to FLHSMV for approval. In order to be approved, a trainer must meet the following requirements:
- Must hold a current state teacher’s certificate or have a least one year of current experience as an instructor and have completed a recognized instructor training course provided by a college, university, vocational school, U.S. Military School, or a government sponsored Train the Trainer course (supporting documentation required).
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the subject matter on which they will provide instruction. For the purpose of the PRVIP, a SME is someone who has acquired special knowledge through training and/or experience related to rebuilt motor vehicles, vehicle major component parts, salvage vehicles, Florida titling requirements, vehicle identification, and other training and experience related to rebuilt vehicle inspections.
- All applicants are required to submit a fingerprint background check with their application when submitted.
- If the applicant meets and satisfies the application requirements, two rebuilt vehicle inspection training lesson plans will be requested for review; one for an initial (24) hour course and an (8) hour continuing education course.
- The final approval to become a PRVIP Trainer will be based upon the review of the curriculum provided and the lesson plans submitted for both the (24) hour and (8) hour training courses.
Access to FLHSMV Web-Based System
FLHSMV is currently developing an enhanced web-based system that will provide limited access to the Florida Real-time Vehicle Information System (FRVIS) for participants to enter rebuilt vehicle inspection data. This system will also include a new and improved electronic payment system (EPS) with no fee required to set up an account. Both systems will require a static IP address listed on the application. In order to gain access to the system, each authorized PRVIP participant must:
- Enroll into the department’s web portal to make payments. The EPS system will require a Login ID, Password, Security Questions and Answers as well as adding a bank account (funding source).
- Obtain a unique County Agency ID code to complete the enrollment process.
PRVIP Participant Application Page
An application package for authorization as a PRVIP includes the following:
- Cover Letter PRVIP Applicants
- Application for Authorization as a PRVIP
- PRVIP Bond
- Private Rebuilt Vehicle Inspection Training
- Approved PRVIP Trainers
- PRVIP MOU
PRVIP Trainer Application
Obtaining Further Information
All approved participants shall be contacted by FLHSMV when updates to the PRVIP occur. If you are not an approved participant and need further information you may contact the Bureau of Dealer Services Regional Office located at: 12601 NW 42nd Avenue, Opa Locka, Florida 33054, by phone at 786-804-4180 or send an email to PRVIP-Info@flhsmv.gov.
Approved PRVIP Trainers
|Trainer||Telephone Number||Email Address|
Authorized PRVIP Facilities
|Facility Name and Address||Participant & Telephone Number||Email Address|
|69/50 - Miami DMV LLC d/b/a/ Miami DMV Rebuilt Inspections |
9495 B NW 27th Ave
Miami, Fl. 33147
|Joaquin Jimenez & |
|69/51 - Dealer Motor Vehicle Rebuilt, Inc. |
4365 East 10th Lane
Hialeah, Fl. 33013
|Hector Fontela & |
|69/52 - 32nd Ave Rebuilts, LLC|
8701 NW 32ND Avenue
Miami, FL 33147
|Christian Cortes, Angie Cortes & Liborio Cortes|
|69/53 - EZ Rebuilt Inspections, LLC|
13405 SW 128th St Unit 202B
Miami, FL 33186
|Elizabeth Zamora & Andrew Trabazo|
|69/54 - Vene Courier, Inc.|
4180 NW 132 St.
Opa Locka, FL 33054
|Higinio Meraz & |
|69/56 - Best Rebuilt Specialist, Inc.|
7051 SW 30th Rd
Miami, FL 33155
|69/57 - Florida Rebuilt Inspectors, Inc. |
9650 NW 27th Ave
Miami, FL 33147
|Alfonso Perez & |
Sandra I. Perez
|69/58 - Sunshine Rebuilt Inspections, Inc.|
9660 NW 27th Ave
Miami, FL 33147
|Yanet Colominas & Fernando Rodriguez|
|69/59 - South Florida Rebuilt Inspections, Inc.|
3601 NW 55th Street Unit # 101-C
Miami, FL 33142
|Stephanie Casanova & Pablo Casanova|
|69/62 - DMV Inspections of South Florida Corp.|
15942 NW 48th Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33014
|Edgardo Bonet & |
Aida Ruiz Duran
|69/63 - Miami Rebuilt Inspection, Inc.|
4110 NW 135th Street, Bay A
Opa Locka, FL 33054
|69/64 - Dade Motor Vehicle Inspection, Inc.|
4607 SW 75th Avenue
Miami, FL 33155
|David G. Gonzalez|
|69/65 - Hialeah Gardens Rebuilt Inspections Corp |
631 E 12 PL
Hialeah, FL 33010
|Ana L. Fabregas & |
Jose R. Olmedo
|69/66 - Rebuilt Masters, Inc. |
352 NE 191 Street
Miami, FL 33179
|Guerdy W. Fabre|