Driver Education Licensing Assistance Program (DELAP) Overview
Requirements to Become a Driver Education Licensing Assistance Program (DELAP) Specialist
In order to become a DELAP specialist, the program must:
- Be employed or contracted by an approved DELAP Administrator certified by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) to administer the driver license exam(s).
- When the above criteria is met, submit the following to the FLHSMV for approval:
- DELAP Specialist Contract – must be completed in full and signed by the applicant. The FLHSMV will enter the date upon approval.
- DELAP Specialist Application (Appendix A) – must be completed in full, signed by the specialist and countersigned by the DELAP administrator.
- Applicant must undergo a FDLE fingerprint based background check . The cost of the background check is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Florida Department of Education Certification Driver Education Endorsement
The FLHSMV must receive all required original and completed documentation before approval is considered. Once all documentation is received and reviewed, the contract package will be submitted for approval and processing.
Mail all documents for processing to:
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Bureau of Motorist Compliance
Driver Education Licensing Assistance Program
2900 Apalachee Parkway
Room A208A, Mail Station #97
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0500
Driver education testing is prohibited until the applicant receives a copy of the approved contract package, their tester identification number and state of Florida DELAP certificate, as well as access to the Automated Driver License Testing System (ADLTS).