Commercial Driver License Third Party Testing
Third Party Administrator FAQ
- Is there an application fee for Third Party Administrators?
No. There is no fee for applying to join the CDL & Third Party Testing Program.
- Can I also register my business to administer the CDL knowledge tests?
No. Third Party organizations are currently prohibited from administering CDL knowledge tests. These tests must be taken in a driver license issuance office.
- I plan on testing Class A and B applicants. Does my Third Party Tester need a Class A CDL?
No. The Third Party Tester is not required to hold a Class A CDL to test Class A and B applicants.
- Does DHSMV set the fees that Third Party Administrators may charge?
No. It is the responsibility of the Third Party Administrator to set the fees.
- Does DHSMV regulate the test fees Third Party Administrators charge for services?
No. However, DHSMV is responsible for ensuring the test fees are fully disclosed and clearly posted.