2021 Civilian of the Quarter
January through March | Ms. Jennifer M. Thomas
Congratulations for being selected as the Florida Highway Patrol Civilian Employee of the Quarter from January through March 2021.
In addition to your assigned administrative duties, this quarter you have volunteered to support leadership with additional tasks, such as:
- Assist the Background and Recruitment Section with social media posts on the FHP Training Academy Facebook page and the FHP Recruiting Instagram page as the FHP Social Media Content Creator.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the airline contract reimbursements and documenting the reimbursement request to the federal government for the FHP Presidential Inauguration Team to travel to Washington, DC.
- Assist the QRF Commander with travel arrangements and reimbursements for the detail at the Capitol in Tallahassee.
- Coordinate the farewell event for Chief McCaskill and promotional ceremony for Chief Roufa.
- Coordinate multiple statewide peer support training sessions and serve as a member of FHP Peer Support Program.
- Create informational booklets for legislative committees and processing the review of legislative bill analyses among staff.
- Coordinate the FHP COVID-19 Positive Member or Exposure reporting document on a daily basis.
You are commended for your exceptional job performance and your willingness to go above and beyond your job duties. Your actions help better the Florida Highway Patrol.
April through June | Ms. Delaina Bruce
Congratulations for being selected as the Florida Highway Patrol Civilian Employee of the Quarter from April through June 2021.
During this quarter you once again excelled and continue to effectively and efficiently manage operations in Troop H. You were able to successfully complete the inventory of all items for the troop during this period and ensure radio maintenance for all assigned portable and mobile radios were conducted.
You are very diligent in your job responsibilities and take great pride in ensuring all equipment and items are accounted for. You were also instrumental during the Troop H building renovation this quarter, playing a vital role during the troop headquarters carpet replacement. While there were many roadblocks, you ensured the renovation was completed on time thus avoiding unnecessary delays and disruptions in the workplace.
Your dedication and outstanding service during this quarter is certainly deserving of consideration for this prestigious recognition. Your actions help better the Florida Highway Patrol.
July through September 2021 | Ms. Sandy Ezell
Congratulations for being selected as the Florida Highway Patrol Civilian Employee of the Quarter from July through September 2021.
During this quarter you’ve shown to be a trusted member of the Department and have served in many different capacities. As Troop G’s Victim Advocate, you fully understand the complex and delicate nature of your work. While working side-by-side with troopers as they deal with and respond to many difficult and often dangerous situations, you’ve comforted these same troopers and have been there to lend a helping hand and a listening ear.
Your outstanding performance is displayed in your willingness to assume other tasks not necessarily in your area of responsibility and everything you do has made your presence invaluable.
Your dedication and outstanding service during this quarter is certainly deserving of this prestigious recognition. Your actions help better the Florida Highway Patrol.
October through December 2021 | Ms. Loida Aponte
You are being recognized for your outstanding job performance and dedication to the Florida Highway Patrol and the Office of Commercial Vehicle Enforcement (CVE).
During 2021, two of the district offices were without support staff for more than half a year. You were able to provide administrative support for those offices while maintaining your routine troop administrative duties. Through your technique of planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling office activities, you assisted Troop J in achieving efficiency in each office by strategically organizing the administrative action plans for our agency Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) Post Crash Program. The CMV Post Crash Program has gained huge strides through your support. In addition, you have assisted Troop I.
You typically go above and beyond your job description and what is asked of you while on or off duty. This is a clear declaration of your exemplary work ethic. Your dedication and outstanding service during this quarter is certainly deserving of this prestigious recognition. Your actions help better the Florida Highway Patrol.