Mature Driver

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I no longer drive but I need identification; how do I switch from a Florida driver license to a Florida ID card?

    You may visit a Florida driver license service center to return your Florida driver license and obtain a Florida ID card.

  • How do I report a family member who needs their driving ability evaluated?

    Please use the Medical Reporting Form: HSMV Form 72190 English or HSMV Form 72190sp Spanish. Remember, Florida law authorizes any physician, person or agency having knowledge of a licensed driver’s mental or physical disability to drive to report that knowledge to DHSMV. This information is confidential and no legal action can be taken against the person submitting the report.

  • How can I find alternative transportation in my area?

    One of many resources is the Florida Senior Safety Resource Center (FSSRC). The FSSRC, a partnership between non-profit community-based organizations, universities and the state of Florida. The FSSRC provides seniors with access to local medical and non-medical transportation mobility options so they may remain independent within their communities. For more information on the FSSRC, please click here.

  • How do I make a driver license (or motor vehicle tag/vessel) appointment at a driver license service center?

    You may schedule an appointment prior to your office visit by selecting your county from the table here. You will find information on local driver license and motor vehicle service centers, Bureau of Administrative Reviews, Florida Highway Patrol stations, Clerk of the Court offices and motorist services regional offices. If no appointment link/information is displayed, services are provided at that location on a walk-in basis only.