Florida GrandDriver

Frequently Asked Questions

Seleccione aquí para Español

  • I no longer drive but I need identification; how do I switch from a Florida driver license to a Florida ID card?

    You may visit a Florida driver license service center to return your Florida driver license and obtain a Florida ID card.

  • How do I report a family member who needs their driving ability evaluated?

    Please use the Medical Reporting Form: HSMV Form 72190 English or HSMV Form 72190sp Spanish. Remember, Florida law authorizes any physician, person or agency having knowledge of a licensed driver’s mental or physical disability to drive to report that knowledge to DHSMV. This information is confidential and no legal action can be taken against the person submitting the report.

  • My Florida driver license was cancelled, suspended, or revoked by the Medical Review Board. How do I request an administrative hearing?

    Any person whose driving privilege has been cancelled, suspended or revoked, may petition the department for an administrative review to present evidence showing why their driving privilege should not have been cancelled, suspended or revoked. You must submit your request in writing, including a daytime telephone number. Please indicate whether your attorney and/or doctor will attend. Requests can be emailed to medical@flhsmv.gov or mailed to the Bureau of Motorist Compliance:

    Attn: Medical Review Program

    2900 Apalachee Pkwy
    Neil Kirkman Building, MS 86
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0500

    Drivers can also submit additional information to the Medical Advisory Board for reconsideration if their medical condition improves. If you, or your attorney, have any questions about your case, please contact our Medical Review Section at 850-617-3814.

  • How can I find alternative transportation in my area?

    One of many resources is the Florida Senior Safety Resource Center (FSSRC). The FSSRC, a partnership between non-profit community-based organizations, universities and the state of Florida. The FSSRC provides seniors with access to local medical and non-medical transportation mobility options so they may remain independent within their communities. For more information on the FSSRC, please click here.

  • How do I make a driver license (or motor vehicle tag/vessel) appointment at a driver license service center?

    You may schedule an appointment prior to your office visit by selecting your county from the table here. You will find information on local driver license and motor vehicle service centers, Bureau of Administrative Reviews, Florida Highway Patrol stations, Clerk of the Court offices and motorist services regional offices. If no appointment link/information is displayed, services are provided at that location on a walk-in basis only.