Disaster Response

Flooded Vehicles

If your vehicle was flooded and “totaled” – damaged to the point that the cost of repairs is 80% or more of the value of the vehicle – the vehicle may not be offered for sale, sold, or exchanged until an Application for Salvage Title/Certificate of Destruction has been completed and submitted to your local Tax Collector and the title been branded as a flooded vehicle.

Customers should report or file a claim with their insurance company, which will often work through this process on behalf of a customer. If the vehicle was not insured, the owner must complete all requirements of the law before offering for sale, selling, or exchanging the vehicle.

More information on obtaining a no-fee replacement title can be found on our Flooded Vehicle Flyer.

Office Closures

FLHSMV driver license and motor vehicle service center closures can be found on our office closure page.

FLHSMV Emergency Orders

FLHSMV has issued Emergency Orders, which:

  • Waives specific requirements for commercial motor vehicles providing emergency relief; and
  • Waives the replacement fees for driver’s license and identification credentials, vehicle registrations and titles, vessel registrations and titles and temporary parking permits for impacted individuals.