Photo/Story Gallery 2013

Troop L FHPA Members Recognized

Captain Canepari, Sergeant Pollack, and Lieutenant Malvin.Florida Highway Patrol’s Auxiliary was created in 1957 to increase the level of safety for troopers on road patrol by providing a companion for the trooper. Today, the ‘companion’ function has evolved to a full blown ‘force multiplier’ function with 275 auxiliary members. The value of the auxiliary is boundless. In 2012, FHPA volunteered over 124,000 hours, 571,000 miles driven and almost 17,000 hours of training.

FHPA recognized Capt. John Canepari, Lt. Mark Malvin, and Sgt. Robert Pollack for their continuing service to Troop L Davie district. Last year, they contributed 3,551 hours of volunteer service.

Trooper Moudy, Trooper Robinson, and Trooper Kennedy

Trooper Tommie Robinson also presented a special, “Trooper of the Year” award to the two newest members of the FHPA Davie district for their contributions. FHPA Troopers Matthew Moudy and William Kennedy joined the Auxiliary on January 14, 2012 and contributed 1,457 hours of volunteer service.

Congratulations to all of recipients for their hard work and dedication to the Florida Highway Patrol and to the residents of the State of Florida.

Pictured top left: Captain John Canepari, Sergeant Robert Pollack, and Lieutenant Mark Malvin. Pictured bottom right: Trooper Matthew Moudy, Trooper Tommie Robinson, and Trooper William Kennedy