Photo/Story Gallery 2008
Troopers Conduct Sobriety Checkpoint
Troopers in Troop B conducted a comprehensive roadside sobriety checkpoint in Columbia County on U.S. Highway 90 near Lake City. This checkpoint is part of a continuing enforcement program to identify motorists who are operating motor vehicles with defective equipment, driving without: a valid driver license, proper vehicle registration, or proper insurance or driving while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
Pictured right, Trooper Mike Jordan and CCSO Deputies searching a vehicle for suspected narcotics.
During the checkpoint, troopers checked 840 vehicles yielding the following results:
- 4 arrests for Driving Under the Influence
- 7 charges of Driving While License Suspended
- 1 charge of No Valid Driver License
- 3 charges of Operating a Vehicle with Unsafe Equipment
- 48 citations issued for various traffic infractions
- 9 written warnings
- 12 Faulty Equipment Notices
Total Citations: 63