Photo/Story Gallery 2007
Academy Graduates 113th Class
On April 25, 2007, in a ceremony at the Leon County Civic Center in Tallahassee, the Florida Highway Patrol’s 113th Basic and Certified Officers Recruit Class graduated.
The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Executive Director, Electra Bustle, introduced Florida Lt. Governor Jeff Kottkamp as the Commencement Speaker for the graduation exercises.
The 113th Basic Recruit Class began their training September 29, 2006 and the 113th Certified Recruit Class joined them on March 2, 2007. After completing their respective training at the Academy, the Basic and Certified Officer Recruits received their diplomas and badges, and Colonel Knight administered the oath of office. The graduates must still complete 10 weeks of field training in their assigned districts before they are released to solo patrol.
Of the 55 graduates, eight were selected to receive special recognition awards. Executive Director Bustle and Colonel Knight presented the awards:
- Executive Director’s Award: Michael Collins
- Class President’s Award: Roy Basit
- Public Speaking Award: Neville Arthur
- Marksmanship Award: Michael Collins
- Defensive Tactics Award: Bernex Vincent
- Physical Fitness Award (Most Improved): Marcos Capo
- Physical Fitness Award (Best Overall): Terry Washington
- FHP Director’s Award: Juan Herrera
The Florida Highway Patrol is proud to welcome these men and women into their ranks. Good luck Class 113!