Photo/Story Gallery 2005
FHP Academy Class 110 Graduates
On June 24, 2005, the Florida Highway Patrol’s 110th Basic and Certified Officers recruit class graduated in a ceremony at the Leon County Civic Center in Tallahassee. Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Executive Director, Fred Dickinson, introduced Representative Irving Slosberg, as the Commencement Speaker for the graduation exercises. Of the 36 graduates, eight were selected to receive special recognition, receiving awards as follows:
- Executive Director’s Award: Anastasia Marras
- FHP Director’s Award: Peter Lukas
- Class President’s Award: John Castleberry
- Marksmanship Award: Jeremy Peck
- Defensive Tactics Award: Brandon McKinnon
- Physical Fitness Award (Best Overall): Deryck Lewis
- Physical Fitness Award (Most Improved): John Baas
- Public Speaking Award: Eddie Elmore
The 110th Basic Recruit Class and the Certified Officers Recruit Class began their training December 6, 2004. After completing their respective stints at the Academy in training, the Basic and Certified Officer Recruits were eager to receive their diplomas and badges and take their oath of office. The graduates must still complete 10 weeks of field training in their newly assigned districts before they are released to solo patrol.
Pictured left, Colonel Knight administers the oath to the 110th and right, The last formation for the 110th.