Vacation/Holiday Travel Tips
Thanksgiving Holiday Safety
The holidays are a great time for family and friends to create many memories together. The Thanksgiving holiday is a peak travel period for families coming together. The Florida Highway Patrol hopes that you and your family have a safe and joyous time over the long holiday weekend. We are committed to protecting you on our roadways, assisting you in any way possible, and providing you with the information you need to enjoy the holidays.
Please take some time to review the tips we have put together to further this goal.
- Get plenty of rest before setting out on a long trip.
- Observe and obey all speed limits.
- Drive sober, and only sober.
- Buckle up. A seatbelt is your vehicle’s most important safety feature.
- Eliminate distractions: Texting, talking on the phone, eating, adjusting the stereo – these are all examples of things that can take your eyes and attention off the road, which is exactly what you want to avoid.
Call *FHP (*347) to report intoxicated or aggressive drivers, or if your vehicle breaks down and you need assistance. To request immediate emergency services, dial 911.