Middle School Poster Contest
2013-14 Contest Rules and Deadlines
Seat Belt Poster Contest
Middle School Students
The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles invites submissions from students’ grades 6-8 for its 2013-2014 Middle School Poster Contest!
Theme: Buckle Up Florida
Important 2013 dates to remember:
Deadline for submitting entries: October 31, 2013
Winner and top finishers will be notified: November 22, 2013
Poster Contest Rules 2013
- The contest is open to Florida students currently enrolled in grades six through eight.
- The contest is not open to DHSMV members, their families or family members of the judges.
- No shared work is allowed.
- Students shall include an original slogan or title on their posters.
- The entry must be a two-dimensional drawing or painting no larger than 12” x 18”.
- Artwork can be done using paints, markers, computers, pen and ink. Collages are welcome too!
- Only ONE entry per student is allowed, any double entries will be disqualified.
- The entry should communicate the message that drivers and passengers must Buckle Up.
- NO COPYRIGHTED IMAGES MAY BE USED. i.e., Disney, TV ads, Cartoon characters, etc. Reproduction of these is a violation of copyright laws and will disqualify the poster.
The back of the poster must contain, in print, a legible copy of the:
- Student’s name, telephone number, address
- School name, address, phone number
- Student’s grade level
- Teacher’s name
- Principal’s name
- The winning poster will be presented at a Florida Cabinet meeting in 2014.
- The top twelve winners as outlined above will be featured in the 2014 DHSMV Safety Calendar.
- Poster will be featured on DHSMV’s social media pages
- Non-placing top 30 semi-finalists will receive a certificate of recognition from the DHSMV.
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
Effectiveness & Relevance to theme (75%):
Does the poster effectively illustrate safety belt usage theme? Does the poster clearly express a safety message?
Creativity & Neatness (25%):
Does the student use creative forms of expression? Is the poster neat and easily understood?
The winning entries will be chosen by DHSMV.
All posters become the property of the DHSMV and will not be returned. By participating, the entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these rules. Thank you for your participation and willingness to promote safety in Florida!
Entrants acknowledge that DHSMV/FHP and partners have the right to publicize their poster and name/school acknowledging that they are finalist(s) and/or winner(s). Said publication will be done for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Students may not violate federal, state or municipal laws during the production of their entry. DHSMV/FHP and its sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder
Each school can email DHSMV/FHP at FHPposterContest@flhsmv.gov for poster pick-up from the school. Please include the number of posters submitted, teacher name, school name, county and address.
Dropped off at a local FHP Station.