April 13 through April 19 has been designated as National Public Safety Telecommunicator Week. During this week, public safety telecommunicators are recognized for the dedication and commitment that they display all year long assisting members of the public. The Tampa Bay Regional Communication Center (TBRCC) celebrated by presenting the duty officers, duty officer supervisors and call takers with small tokens of appreciation.
The week long celebration ended with a BBQ Lunch, provided by the Florida Highway Patrol Tampa Auxiliary and presentation of awards. Colonel John Czernis and Lieutenant Colonel Larry Austin attended the luncheon and presented each Duty Officer with a Certificate of Appreciation for the hard work they do throughout the year.
The duty officers nominated several of their co-workers for various awards:
- Duty Officer Cindy Morrision was selected as TBRCC 2008 Duty Office of the Year
- Duty Officer John Skinner was selected as "Team Player"
- Duty Officer Earl Boyette was selected as the "Most Helpful"
- Duty Officer Dalila Giles was selected as the "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Duty Officer John Porter was selected as "Most Reserved"
- Duty Officer Tammy Davis as "Most Professional"
- Duty Officer Tim Hobson as "Most Congenial"
- Duty officer Robin Stringfield as "Most Talkative"
The TBRCC communications personnel presented Certificates of Appreciation to Captain Urana Harris and Senior Clerk Syble Fitzgibbon for their dedication to National Telecommunicators Week.
Select photo to enlarge