DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
To: Tax Collectors and License Plate Agents
From: Carl A. Ford, Director
Subject: Document Imaging
Advisory Date: 01/05/07 Implementation Date: Immediately
Advisory Number: R07-02
The DMV Production Control Unit is using the new optical scanner units to image all incoming title documents. In order to assist Production Control in preparing the documents for scanning, it is imperative that the following guidelines are followed when submitting title documents to the department.
Use only one staple per title transaction. If other documents in the transaction are already stapled, remove the staples before attaching the form HSMV 82041. Only ONE staple should bind each 82041 and supporting documents and it should be placed in the upper left hand corner of the documents.
Avoid any writing on the form HSMV 82041 or any hole punches. These types of alterations to the form will slow the prepping of the documents in order for them to be scanned.
The following is a list of some of the problems we experience once we receive the documents:
· Transactions are received with more than one staple per document. This causes a slow down in the prepping process because all staples have to be removed prior to scanning.
· Transactions should be submitted with all documents facing up. When documents are submitted at different angles or facing down, it takes additional time to organize the documents.
· No holes should be punched in the documents. If a hole is in any document, the prepping staff must take the time to cover all holes with tape.
· Documents submitted with certified postal receipt green cards and receipts should not be taped and/or stapled to paper. Gather in upper left hand corner and staple once.
· Small reports should not be bound by a rubber band. If the report is a small report, use a paperclip to bind the report and transactions.
· Title certificates should not be folded. The Lien Satisfaction portion of the title certificate should not be folded to the back of the title certificate.
With the cooperation of all county tax collector offices, the department can streamline the prepping process and expedite imaging transactions. This will enable you to view these transactions more quickly. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact your Tax Collector Help Desk.