June 19, 2007
TO: Tax Collectors and License Plate Agencies
FROM: Carl A. Ford, Director
Division of Motor Vehicles
SUBJECT: June FRVIS Release
The June Release was sent to all test sites on May 24, 2007. The statewide release is scheduled for download the weekend of June 22, 2007.
Attached is a copy of the modification log and a set of instructions explaining the new “Print Farm.” Please read over this information prior to receiving the release. The modification log is a tremendous help in understanding the changes that were made to FRVIS.
If you encounter any problems related to the release, please check the FRVIS Release Issues Board to determine if the problem has already been reported, and if so, if there is a work-around. If the problem is not on the log and you still have questions, please call your Help Desk Representative.
1) Two new transactions have been added to Batch Processing, Split Batch and Merge Batch. Both of these transactions apply only to UNPAID batches. To Merge two batches, you must enter the source batch number (the batch that will go away) and the target batch number (the batch that will hold all the transactions from the source batch after the merge).
To Split a batch, you start by
entering the batch number of the source batch number (the batch where you want
to remove a transaction). If you will be creating a new batch, you may wish to
enter a new batch holder name. Then, F8 through the retrieved transaction(s)
entering a check beside all the transactions that you want to remove from this
batch. After pressing the
2) When attempting to void a transaction in an open batch, instead of giving an error, the system will now ask if the batch should be closed. If answered YES, the batch will be closed systematically and then the transaction will be voided.
3) An ‘Owner ID flag’ has been added to the profile. If this box is checked on the profile you are using, the system will require that the 4 character Owner ID be entered when performing one of the following transactions: Regular Renewal, Mail Regular Renewal, Express Renewal, and Mail Express renewal. If the entered Owner ID does not match the Owner ID of the first registrant on the requested registration, an error will be returned. Other registration transactions will not require an Owner ID to be entered. This extra effort should reduce the number of registrations that are renewed in error.
The Owner ID for an individual is the first four characters of his last name, including punctuation. The Owner ID for a business customer is the first four characters of the business name, including punctuation but excluding the words, ‘A,’ ‘AN,’ and ‘THE.’
4) During the satisfaction of a Wrecker Operator Lien, all stops created during the creation of that Wrecker Operator Lien will be systematically satisfied unless the satisfy type is ‘AD.’ When the satisfy type is ‘AD,’ only the stop against the specified customer will be satisfied.
5) When processing a Mark Title Sold transaction, the current owners will be displayed on the screen. This will help you determine that the correct vehicle has been retrieved and allow you to see whether or not the title has already been transferred to the new owner.
6) During the creation of a Correspondence on Demand letter, the current owners will be displayed. This will help the user to verify that the correct vehicle has been retrieved before creating the letter.
7) An address change will be allowed during a Duplicate Registration transaction as long as the registration being duplicated is not expired AND is the most recent occurrence of the registration.
8) The Swap Plate transaction will now allow an RGR to be swapped with an RGS and vice versa. Also, a TEM and TMM may now be swapped.
9) An original title transaction will not be allowed on vehicle trailers with net weight less than 2,000 lbs.
10) When printing registrations from the laser printer, the dialog box that informed the user of the decal number being issued has been removed.
11) Inventory may now be transferred from BIN 99 (singles) to any other bin except BIN 00. Existing rules for transferring into BIN 67 (Obsolete Inventory) will still apply even if the inventory is being transferred out of BIN 99.
12) During a Title Transfer, when the vehicle use was LEASE or LONG TERM LEASE, the vehicle use will be systematically changed to PRIVATE for a vehicle and VESSEL for a vessel. The user is still allowed to change the vehicle use to a different value. While processing the transaction, if the vehicle use is systematically changed again, a message will be displayed warning the user of this change.
13) FRVIS has been modified to handle Electronic titles that do not have liens. A new transaction, Title/Titles/Print Electronic Title will now print both Expedited titles and Electronic titles. The old Expedite Title transactions have been removed. Refer to the Technical Advisory on Electronic Titles to fully understand this topic.
14) The following three new acquired by codes have been added: ‘S’ for Repossession, ‘W’ for Towing and Storage, and ‘B’ for Labor and Storage.
During a Title Transfer, the question, ‘Is this a repossession?’ will be asked whenever there is an active lien against the title. If answered YES, the acquired by code of ‘S’ will be systematically added and the primary lienholder’s name will be entered as the new owner. Neither of these fields will be allowed to be changed by the
When you receive a title application based on Towing and Storage, enter a “W” in the acquired by field. When you receive a title application based on Labor and Storage, enter a “B” in the acquired by field. If either of these acquired by codes is used, a sales price may be entered, but sales price will not be required.
15) A new type of vehicle stop, REBUILT REJECTED, has been added. This stop may only be added or satisfied by a user with the role of Regional Clerk. This stop will be added to vehicles that fail an inspection at a regional office and will be removed when the vehicle is re-inspected and passes the inspection
16) Acquired-by code of ‘D’ (Dealer) will be allowed for vehicle trailers (VT) on all title transactions and on registration-only transactions. A dealer license number will be required when acquired by code is ‘D.’ This will allow you to enter sales tax credit and local option sales tax credit collected by the dealer when the vehicle trailer was sold. Any sales tax entered will be shown on the DOR Transaction Detail Report along with the dealer license number that collected it.
17) During a title transfer transaction, any title clerk will now be allowed to correct the body of the titled vehicle to any other body type allowed for that vehicle type by back-tabbing to the body field. The only exceptions will be:
a) To change the body to HS, the Admin Correction role is still needed.
b) To change the body to DP, the Regional Clerk role is needed.
18) A $1.00 Marine Resources fee will be charged on all pleasure vessel registrations that currently charge the Additional Manatee fee. This fee will be subtracted from the amount of the County Retained Vessel fee. In situations where the amount of the County Retained Vessel fee is already less than $1.00, the Marine Resources fee will be less that $1.00.
19) A new transaction, Specialty Plate Voucher has been added under Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous Revenue. This transaction issues a voucher to a specific customer (the recipient) for a specific type of license plate. Vouchers may only be issued for license plate types that charge an annual use fee. The voucher must be printed using Internet Explorer in a similar manner to the personalized reservation confirmation. A receipt will print in the name of the purchasing customer. A voucher cannot be transferred, replaced, refunded or exchanged.
The voucher may be used by the recipient during any transaction where an annual use fee might be charged. Whenever the customer owns a specialty plate voucher (SPV), the system will ask if he wants to use it during the transaction. If answered YES, the annual use fee and one processing fee will be deducted from the fees charged in the transaction. The total amount of the fees credited will be shown on the fee screen. In Registration History, a check in the SPV APPL field on the fee screen indicates that a SPV was used in the transaction. Pressing the MORE button beside that field will display the details of the transaction where the SPV was issued.
A Voucher Inquiry has been added under the Menu option of a Customer Inquiry. This inquiry allows you to scroll through all the vouchers ever purchased for the customer you inquired on. If the voucher has been used, you can press the MORE button beside the used trans id field to see the registration history transaction where the voucher was used.
20) Residency Status will now be systematically determined (and cannot be changed) based on the address collected for the customer on the Address Maintenance screen. Individuals will now be required to have a residence address if their mailing address has a PO Box. A residence address will not be allowed to have a PO Box. When creating a customer, you will still have to choose a Residency Status before being allowed to go to the Address Maintenance screen. But upon returning to Customer Maintenance, the system will apply the rules for Residency Status based on the address information that was entered.
These new rules will only be applied when an address is updated. Existing addresses that do not comply with these rules will not be forced to be corrected until an address change is attempted.
21) In preparation for the Motorist Database changes that will be implemented later this year, a new phone number table has been added. This allows you to enter multiple phone numbers (and phone number types) for each customer.
22) Staff in the Regional offices is now allowed to modify the customer record for a licensee (dealer) even if he is also a lienholder. Tax Collector staff and the DMV Help Desk should request assistance from their Regional office when a change to the customer record of a licensee is needed.
23) A method was developed to allow large batches of registrations being renewed via e-commerce or high-speed renewal to be printed using multiple printers simultaneously. The term, Print Farm, will be used to describe the multiple printers that will be used in this process. Refer to the Print Farm Instructions for a detailed explanation of this feature.
24) Only users with the role of DMV_SUPVR are allowed to surrender plates with configurations 1 through 9. Several of these plates have been inadvertently surrendered several times.
25) When the DMV account number of the lienholder was entered on the Maintain Vehicle Liens screen while adding a lien, the system was erroneously presenting the index of ELT customers. This has been fixed. The ELT customer index is only presented when the FEID of the lienholder is entered or the lienholder is selected from the customer index screen.
26) The mailing address on the 82041 was moved slightly to the right so it will display in a standard #10 window envelop.
27) The checkbox in the IRP box on the Select Customer screen will now be checked for any customer with an IRP account.
28) A registration with a Forestry license plate will now contain the statement ‘Hauling unprocessed Forestry products and/or harvesting equipment within 150 miles of home address.’
29) When a line make has expired on a dealer’s license, that dealer is no longer authorized to sell that make of vehicle. FRVIS was failing to check for the expiration date of the line make on the dealer license when the dealer was titling a vehicle. This has been corrected.
30) Instead of the lienholder address, the words, ELECTRONIC LIEN, will be printed as the street address of the lienholder on the 82041 whenever there is a primary ELT lien.
31) Effective July 1, 2007, the annual use fee for the Helping Sea Turtles Survive plate (STR, STP, STA) will increase to $23.00. Renewal notices sent for July and August were calculated using the OLD fee. These registrants will be notified of the increased renewal amount in a separate mailing. However, if a renewal is received in the mail without the additional amount of annual use fee, you can make the system charge the old amount of annual use fee by setting the effective date back to June 30, 2007.
32) Effective July 1, 2007, the service fee for all parking permit transactions will be removed.
PRINT FARM INSTRUCTIONS
A faster method of printing the large batches of registrations that are renewed via e-commerce and high speed has been developed. Now, these large print jobs may be broken into several smaller jobs so that multiple printers can print the job simultaneously. The term “Print Farm” is used to describe the multiple printers used to simultaneously print registrations from the “E-Commerce Processing” screen.
When the print farm option is used, the system will divide the transactions in the print job by the number of printers selected from the print farm. The first group of transactions will be sent to the first printer, the 2nd group to the second printer, and so on until all selected print farm printers have been assigned transactions to print. You may choose to have the registrations printed in transaction id order or in customer number order. Regardless of the print order you select, the transactions will print by groups with parking permits first, followed by registration renewals, and then any duplicate registrations.
Printers available to the print farm, are identified with a new printer type, “Print Farm”. Go to System Admin/Maintain Printers to add an occurrence for each printer that will be used in the Print Farm. When the printer type of “Print Farm” is selected, the system will automatically pre-fill the device id (logical) with “FARM1”, “FARM2”, “FARM3”, etc. After the printers are added, each user processing e-commerce or high speed transactions will need to add each of these printers to his logical-to-physical. “Print Farm” printers are NOT allowed to be attached to a profile and will only be used when printing transactions from the “E-Commerce Processing” screen. The Print Farm is only available to users using a profile that has the “New Decal” box checked.
On the “E-Commerce Processing” screen, when the selected “Action to Take” is “Print” or “Reprint”, the entire list of “Print Farm” printers available will be displayed. The user will manually check the “In Use” box beside each printer that should be used for this print job. To make all the print farm printers “In Use,” press the “Select All” button. If no print farm printers are checked, the system will by default print all registrations on the registration printer attached to the user’s profile.