DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
To: Tax Collectors and License Plate Agents
From: Carl A. Ford, Director
Advisory Number: T06-01
Form HSMV 82250, Certificate of Title, has been revised. The revision date is 12/05. A copy of the reverse side of the revised title is attached to this technical advisory. Changes to the title paper include the following:
· The bar code has been removed from the face of the title.
· The application has been removed from the reverse side of the title. This modification allows for more room in the dealer reassignment areas.
· A notice of sale is provided on the reverse side of the lien satisfaction.
department plans to begin using the new title
With the FRVIS release, changes to the print format on the face of the title will include:
· The description boxes will be modified and moved to the left side of the title.
· The lien satisfactions will be moved beside the description boxes.
· The language in the Transfer of Title by Seller portion of the title will be modified to read as follows:
Federal and/or state law require that the seller state the mileage, purchaser’s name, selling price and date sold in connection with the transfer of ownership. Failure to complete or providing a false statement may result in fines and/or imprisonment.
· The seller information will be separated from the purchaser’s information. This may prevent the seller from signing on the purchaser’s line and vice versa.
· Information tips will be added to the lien satisfaction portion of the face of the title. The tips will read as follows:
When ownership of the vehicle described herein is transferred, the seller MUST complete in full the Transfer of Title by Seller section at the bottom of the certificate of title.
Upon sale of this vehicle, the seller must complete the notice of sale on the reverse side of this form.
Remove your license plate from the vehicle.
See the web address below for more information and the appropriate forms required for the purchaser to title and register this vehicle, mobile home or vessel:
We will provide you with an updated copy of the title with the new print format when programming is in place.
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact your Help Desk Representative.