TO: Tax Collectors and License Plate Agencies
FROM: Carl A. Ford, Director
Division of Motor Vehicles
SUBJECT: October FRVIS Release
The October Release has been in several test sites since October 24th and the problems that were encountered were minimal and have been corrected. The statewide release is scheduled for download on November 11th.
Attached is a copy of the modification log which you should read over and familiarize yourselves with prior to the release. Understanding the modification log is a tremendous help in understanding the changes in FRVIS.
If you encounter any problems related to the release, please check the FRVIS Release Issues Board to determine if the problem has already been reported, and if so, if there is a work-around. If the problem is not on the log and you still have questions, please call your Helpdesk Representative between the hours of
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact your Help Desk Representative.
***FRVIS RELEASE ISSUES – Don’t forget to check this link under the Tax Collector button on the Motor Vehicle Intranet before calling the HELP DESK to report problems related to the new release.
A new field, Process
Date, has been added to the Title History Inquiry. In Fast Title transactions
where the title is printed, the process date will be the same as the title
issue date. Otherwise, the process date is the date that DHSMV pulled the title
for processing. If the title has an
2) If an FR or SZ stop is placed against a vehicle, the registration on that vehicle cannot be extended. The application has been corrected to enforce FR and SZ stops in the following transactions: Regular Renewal, Express Renewal, Scan Renewal, Regular Mail Renewal, Express Mail Renewal, Registration Replacement, Transfer of Vessel/Veh Registration Ownership, and Registration Correction.
3) When an Internet renewal is pending, the system will now disallow any registration transaction. It will also prevent any title transaction where the registration with the pending Internet renewal could become detached. The title transactions that could be affected by this change are Title Transfer, Mark Title as Sold, and Original Title. This modification should reduce the number of problems encountered with the completion of Internet renewals.
The system will no
longer allow an Internet, Phone, or Kiosk renewal on a registration that is
attached to a title that has an
5) FRVIS will no longer allow you to change or remove the back tax months on a mobile home renewal unless the mobile home’s location code is in your county.
6) A new option was added to the dropdown menu on the E-Commerce screen to allow for the High Speed processing of Parking Permits renewals. These Parking Permits renewals must be processed in a separate file from other High Speed renewals. No voluntary fees are allowed in the High Speed Parking Permit renewal file.
7) Transfer of Vessel/Veh Registration Ownership will now allow a new plate to be issued.
8) Menu items have been added to the menu bar of the Vessel/Veh Registration Ownership transaction. These will allow you to add/remove a mail-to customer, correct customer/vehicle details, or open/close/add to a batch without leaving the transaction.
When satisfying an
10) Recent legislation requires that the customer who qualified for the issuance of a handicapped license plate must be noted on the registration. Therefore, a new field, HANDICAP LP ELIGIBLE, has been added to the customer details to specify the qualifying customer. All individuals with current parking permits have already had this field updated on their customer record. When working on a registration with a handicap plate, if no customer has been marked as Handicap Plate eligible, an error will be returned and you must go into Customer Maintenance/Customer Details to check this field on at least one customer on the registration. For existing registrations where it is not possible to determine the eligible customer, renewal notices will be sent with $0.00 in the total fees and a message to contact the local tax collector. This will begin with the February renewal notices. Plates affected by this legislation are: Disabled Veteran, Disabled Veteran Wheelchair, Paralyzed Veteran, and Wheelchair Suffix.
11) Fast titles may now be issued for Off Highway Vehicles. The $7 Fast title fees will be charged in addition to the existing title fees charged during the titling of an OHV.
12) A title validation decal for an Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) will be issued during any title transaction where the title issue date changes. In addition to the usual title fees charged for the transaction, a fee of $5.10 will be charged for the title validation decal. This fee is comprised of $.50 FRVIS fee, $1 Decal on Demand fee, $2.50 registration service fee, and the optional $.50 branch and $.60 mail fees. A stand alone Off Highway decal transaction was created to issue a replacement title validation decal or to issue an original title validation decal for OHVs that have already been titled. This stand alone Off Highway decal transaction can be found under Title/Titles.
13) Whenever a registration that is attached to a vehicle is being transferred to a vehicle that was acquired from a dealer, the system will present a message describing the vehicle where the registration had resided. This message will ask if the described vehicle was traded. If answered YES, you will be taken directly to a Mark Title as Sold transaction which has been pre-filled with the traded vehicle’s data.
14) A new brand, ‘Insurance Declared Total Loss’, has been added to the system. When adding this brand, the system will automatically add a salvage type of Rebuildable.
15) A new registration stop, ‘UNPAID FEES’, has been added to the system. This stop may be placed against the registration when the registrant has failed to pay the dealer for an original or transfer of registration. This stop will prevent the registration from being extended. After receiving proper documentation that proves satisfaction, the stop may be removed by any user with the Release Stops role.
16) A new voluntary fee, Southeastern Guide Dogs, has been added to the voluntary contributions screen.
17) All vehicles titled with the use of Long-Term-Lease are now required to have a registrant that is different than the owner. During any registration transaction on existing registrations, if the lessor is the registrant, an error will be returned. You must use a Transfer of Vessel/Veh Ownership transaction to change the ownership into the name of the lessee. Many of these registrations have had the lessee listed as a mail-to customer, so remember to remove the mail-to customer before printing the registration.
18) A bad check stop against a customer will now prevent the extension of ANY registration owned or partially owned by that customer. The Bad Check Stop can still be removed by the tax collector staff using a Miscellaneous Revenue/Bad Check transaction to collect the bad check amount and penalty fee.
19) The 82041 (and title certificate in Fast Title agencies) will print immediately following the completion of a title transaction before any related registration transaction has been started. Therefore, the 82041 will not contain any data in the registration fees section. This was done to eliminate the problem of forgetting to void the related title when the registration was voided.
20) An option to print the 82041 on plain paper from the laser printer has been provided. You must first use System Admin/Maintain Printer to add a PLAIN PAPER printer with device ID of laser. Then, modify your profile by checking the box, ‘PLAIN PAPER PRINT’ and adding a printer type of PLAIN PAPER. Using this modified profile, 2 copies of the 82041 will print on plain paper from your laser printer. When the 82041 forms are depleted in your agency, all users will need to modify their profile in this way.
· One signed copy of the laser printed 82041 is usually sufficient. However, if there are any handwritten affidavits on the 82041, it is recommended that you make a Xerox copy with the affidavits and attach this to the 2nd 82041 that was printed by the system to give to the customer.
A new Dealer License
system has been developed. Over the next year, as dealers renew their licenses,
they will be issued a new number with a 4 digit
22) Registration transactions for Dealer plates will also be able to accept both the old and new style of Dealer License numbers. FRVIS will verify the license is in good status and has not expired. Remember, a dealer plate always expires on the expiration date of the license. Therefore, if a dealer is getting new plates near the end of his licensing period, unless he has recently renewed, his new plates will expire in a very short period of time.
23) There are situations, which are closely monitored by DHSMV, where a dealer is permitted to complete sales after his license has expired. For these situations, the Dealer License section has the ability to enter an override which will allow the FRVIS transaction to be completed for a specific vehicle for this dealer. If the dealer has already gotten permission for certain sales, the override should already be in place and you will never know that an override existed. If your dealer believes an override was authorized and you encounter a problem, he will need to contact the Regional office or Dealer License section to have the problem corrected.
24) A new Dealer License Query has been added under Miscellaneous/Inquiry. You may use this query to verify details about the license and each location licensed for the dealer.
25) The field for sales tax reg number has been enlarged to 13 characters to accept the new numbers being issued by the FL Department of Revenue.
motorcycle size plates have been added to the list of plates available for
issuance to a vehicle trailer with net weight of less than 2,000 pounds: MCR, MCP,
27) The fees for unaccounted for inventory have been adjusted on the Miscellaneous Revenue Owed by Agency transaction. The new fees are:
Temporary Parking Permits $12.50
Permanent Parking Permits $ 2
Temporarily Employed Plates $40
Other Temporary Plates $ 2
Specialty Plates $$ of the annual use fee
All other plates $10
28) The Tax Due and Credit manual was incorrectly prorating the tax for class 96 registrations. This has been corrected. The tax due on class 96 registrations for 1-12 months is $3.00. For 13-15 months, it is $6.00. Tax on class 14 for 13-15 months was also corrected to $6.00.
29) When an expired registration was transferred to a different class, the system was charging correctly but sometimes failing to change the registration class on the registration. This has been corrected.
There was a problem
31) The GVW label on the registration form has been changed to LOC for mobile homes.
registration period for mobile homes has been corrected to be January 1 through
December 31. The expiration date for a
mobile home registration remains December 31.
This change affects the number of tax months during Original
Registration. If the effective date of
an original mobile home registration is in September, tax months will be 4
(Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec). Since we never allow more than 15 tax months,
it would not be possible to issue a registration that expires in 2006 when the
effective date is earlier than
There are five choices
in the search field for previous state that could be used when a ‘standard form
97’ is received from a government agency. These are to be used when
someone purchases a vehicle previously owned by the federal government that has
never been titled in any state. They are acceptable as a replacement for
an out of state title or a manufacturer's certificate of origin. The nongame wildlife fee should not be charged when any of
these choices is used in the previous state field. These choices
are: DS for U.S. Department of State, DT for U.S.
Department of Transportation, GS for General Services Admin (GSA), IR for Internal Revenue Service (
34) When a plate was transferred from a trailer to an auto without renewal, the system printed VOID on the decal. A new decal should have printed with VEHICLE on the decal. This has been corrected.
35) The Printer Maintenance screen has been modified. The columns labeled Printer Make, Back?, and Drop? have been removed. The audit numbers have also been moved to the first screen. Only the Title certificate printer and the Dealer License certificate printer will have the audit number fields filled.
36) Temporary dealer motorcycle plates that had the alpha character at the end could not be issued from field agencies. This has been corrected.
37) When performing a Transfer of Vessel/Veh Ownership transaction for a registration with a specialty plate, the system was not charging the specialty fee when the registration was being extended for 12 months or more. This has been corrected.
38) The Help Desk will now be able to add a lien to a title with a salvage type.
39) The lien date is now available in the local lien table on the solid database. Agencies that use remote access to the solid database through ODBC connectivity to collect the local data for their county system requested this change.
40) In the past, certain transactions allowed extension of the registration when a registration stop or customer stop existed against the record as long as the extension was for less than 12 months. This has been corrected. The customer must take care of the situation that caused the stop to be placed and have the stop cleared before ANY extension of the registration period will be allowed.
41) When the cancel reason of ‘Junked Title’ is used during a Title Cancellation transaction, the system will now print an 82041.
42) Comments entered on the title fee screen were not being stored if the Registration Activity button was activated. This has been corrected
for TEM plates are now restricted to increments of 1000 plates. Orders for permanent parking placards (
44) A new column, DMV Payment, has been added to the Cashier Detail and Cashier Summary Reports. This is a payment type used exclusively by the DMV Regional offices for Dealer License transactions. Unless your agency uses the Dealer License system, these columns will always be $0.00 on these reports.
45) A Delinquent Support stop will now prevent the extension of the registration period only if the customer with the Delinquent Support stop is the sole owner of the registration. If there are multiple registrants, you will be notified of the stop and given the opportunity to satisfy it, but you may continue the registration transaction even if you don’t clear the Delinquent stop.
46) During a renewal transaction, if the vehicle details were corrected, sometimes the system removed the weight. This caused the fees for the renewal to be calculated with no base tax. This problem has been corrected.
47) The Miscellaneous Revenue/Registration transaction has been fixed to prevent the value of the annual use fee from being modified.
A new report, DMV Regional Deposit Detail, has been added to the EOD Report Request screen. This report will be used exclusively by the DMV Regional offices to assist in creating their deposit for FRVIS and Dealer License transactions