- Check for loose straps.
- Make sure straps are properly aligned and not on an angle.
- Check to be sure the proper number of tie-downs have been installed properly.
- Verify that ground anchors and stabilizer plates have been installed properly.
- Be sure support piers are in contact with the frame.
- Replace straps or ground anchors that show signs of corrosion or damage.
- For additional protection, you may want to consider installing a longitudinal tie-down system located at the front and rear of your home and add additional diagonal frame tie-downs to the side of your home.
ARE A MUST
Tie-downs are a necessary part of the
foundation system engineered for all manufactured/mobile homes. Homes without proper
tie-downs are less resistent to high winds. Take the necessary precautions to insure
your manufactured/mobile home is properly secured. Have your manufactured/mobile home tie-down system checked
today to reduce possible damage to your home and your neighbor's property.